Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Obsession

What a beautiful word: Obsession. If you go for the synonyms, it is a fancy, a must, a neurosis, a compulsion. Can you think of what is yours? Be honest with yourself and tell yourself. What is your Obsession? Everyone has always told me my job was my "neurosis" , a workaholic, everyone told me. But my obsession has always been to be happy. So shallow, so simple. I draw on the environment around me and go with my gut. My instinct tells me to go ONE particular way and I follow it. But how hard it is to be happy in a situation that does not allow for that. Then you make happiness happen, which is extremely sad and oh so fake. It is the most dangerous of addictions as I have experienced. The partying, the drinking, the lovers, the husband, the money, the cars, the dinners. Anything to even tickle the happiness nerve. The obsession that did not allow failure.
Obsession at the moment, still remains to be my happiness. But it has a twist. The twist is that I am happy by genuinely loving and giving to the two most important people. I am obsessed by making sure Anna has the most amazing day, that she learns in that day, that she eats her vegetable soup, that she kisses me good night at the end of the day. I am obsessed with giving love and care to my man. That he feels worthy, and proud to be here with me. I choose positive obsession. Is it a new term? I don't know. Please think and ponder upon your obsession. Is it work? Is it weight? Is it money? Is it image? Is it fake?

No comments:

Post a Comment