Friday, June 17, 2011

An evening of my own

Once in a life time I have an evening where the only guest is me, myself, and I. Shmuck (the cat) is sleeping next to me, at times giving one of those full hearted stretches that makes you want to be a cat. I sit here, with my glass full of a heavy red spanish wine from Jumilla region. Why I chose this particular wine this evening, I do not know, but it goes oh so well with my Dutch cheese crackers and some white peaches from Spain.
Tell me my friend, how many evenings do you have that you can say "I did exactly what I wanted". Once you have a family, or a relationship, everything is determined by the word "us". So actually doing something by yourself is a bit frustrating. Should I be sitting down, doing absolutely nothing, munching on so so food and drinking fabulous wine? Ironing to be done, dishwasher to be emptied, bed to be made. Really? Does that guilt feeling creep up on you when you do absolutely nothing ? Today, I am lucky, I have no such feeling. I am taking it all in. Crap English cooking or redecorating series, dont care. TV series are just background noise. Just half-watched a series about prematurely born babies that i downloaded. Wrong choice for an evening entertainment, I was in tears throughout. So if you do have an evening on your own, DO NOT choose anything about children, climate, politics, or dangerous sports. Choose something lighthearted. Like yet another braindead comedy with Jennifor Aniston (I had no idea she was 62 years old!). Old girls can still have fun after all, according to her. A bottle of wine, or two, some easy food that doesnt require any more skill other then cutting, a good sofa, a loved one that keeps messaging you because he doesnt want to appear rude to his friend and actually call me. Call me lucky. Call me boring. Call me anything. I am happy. Are you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment